Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's On TV with Auntie V - Introduction

Hi! I'm Veronica. I am a senior in college. As an assignment for one of my classes, I am to maintain a blog about whatever topic I choose. So, on my blog you will be getting weekly updates on one show that will be premiering on TV very soon. I chose to follow World of Jenks, which will be premiering on the MTV Network on Sept. 13th at 10pm.


World of Jenks is about a 24 year old documentarian and filmmaker, Andrew Jenks, who sets out every week to enter someone else's life to experience first-hand how they live and who they are. Jenks said on a MTV promo for the show,
"We try and move in and experience first-hand the lives of people [who] are easy to stereotype, but that we really don't know a lot about."

Jenks has the privilege to play the fly-on-the-wall that many people wish to be (I certainly have and still do), except he's an interactive fly. He doesn't merely sit back and observe his subject. He lives with, eats with, brushes his teeth with, and talks candidly with his subject.

In previews shown on MTV and on MTV's website, Jenks will be moving in with people of all walks of life like an MMA fighter, a cheerleader, a rapper, a homeless girl, and an autistic young man.

4 more days until the premiere of the show! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment