Thursday, September 9, 2010

Andrew Jar Jar Binks, I mean, Jenks


First off, I have to say that his last name reminds me of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. Why you ask? I don't know why. I have no clue. It seems that's just how my brain works. I see Jenks and the first thing I associate it with is Jar Jar Binks. Besides having a name that I certainly won't forget, Andrew Jenks is quite an accomplished young man.

At the age of 19, he moved into a nursing home for a month to experience what it was like to live life as it was nearing its end. A low-budget, summer project developed into a feature HBO film called, Andrew Jenks, Room 335. Jenks' first feature film received positive reviews after premiering in Australia and Europe. I would say that's an accomplishment to have HBO feature your documentary. Wouldn't you agree?

When he was 21, ESPN financed Jenks' second film, The Zen of Bobby V, which focused on Major League player and manager Bobby Valentine and his current job managing the Chiba Lotte Marines, one of Japan's premiere baseball teams (source: IMDb). The Zen of Bobby V received positive reviews after premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival.
So, that's two feature films and one MTV series to premiere soon he has under his belt? And all this before he's even reached his 25th birthday? Very impressive, to say the least!




No comments:

Post a Comment